Atelier Muse Residency Program is the realisation of a lifelong dream to add value to life by coming together, exchanging our unique knowledge and creativity with curiosity. As a research, production and community initiative to expand horizons with art, this year Atelier Muse invites all world’s artists to host and motivate their muses in the queen of the cities Istanbul while we all are in big transformational times. We encourage artists to be a part of this transformation with your creative, curious and conscious way of thinking. Looking at saint Istanbul where East and West unite from performance artists’, writers’ and dancers’ points of view would be not only a valuable investment in the future of art but also the considerable step for inspire and carry this enthusiasm within societies through art.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
Scroll down for more.
Disciplines: Contemporary Dance, Performance, Writing, Community, Film & Video, New Media, Other (Please specify in your application).
Duration: 2 weeks – 3 months
Timing: Residencies for the following period begins from October 2017
- Studio space with technical equipments (sound&light)
- Teaching and attending resident artist workshops
- Performance showing, exhibition organisation
- Networking events with local arts community
- Artist assistance
- Regular, active, and productive use of the studio space during the residency period.
- A public presentation as a publication, performance piece, workshop, film etc.
- Monthly blog posts documenting their residency. For participants who will reside less than a month, at least one blog post is expected.
Artist Contribution: $290/week |3 Months: $2,300
A full application includes the following:
- Completed application form. Find and fill the form here.
- Resume / CV
- Documentation of recent work (4-10 photos and 1-3 videos; 1-2 writing samples)
Send your application with necessary documents via e-mail to
**Artist collaboratives should apply together by submitting ONE application per group, specifying the number of individuals on the application form. Please note that the program fee mentioned above is for one person.
Please note that all applications and work samples must be submitted in, or translated to, either Turkish or English.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com